Effective Date 1st July 2017
This agreement outlines your obligations as a member of the Active Points Rewards programme and explains Active Points' obligations to you. Once you have registered as a member of this site you will be agreeing to adhere to the following terms and conditions:
As a member of the Active Points rewards scheme you accept that we will contact you from time to time but no more than once per week to keep you informed of your account status and to keep you informed of offers and partner promotions.
In order for your account to be kept up to date you agree that your attendance or other activity reporting will be shared with us by the organisation that you have registered as being a member/ participant of and agree that such information can be used to award your account with Active Points.
Active Points & Cash credits (Activcoins)
1. The Active Points web site utilises affiliate links. To be eligible for cash credits you must redeem an offer from one of our Activcoin partners. To redeem you must click though directly from the Active Points website using the merchant link provided. Should you click through directly to a merchant site without going via the Active Points site link, no cash credits will be generated.
2. We do not have control over whether a transaction made by you, following a click through from Active Points, is deemed genuine and successful by the merchant. We do, however, keep a close eye on any circumstances that may cause unsuccessful cash rewards transactions such that they can be minimised.
3. All offers of cash credits in respect of transactions are made by Active Points and not by the merchants. Active Points receives commissions in respect of transactions completed via its website, which, once received, provide for your cash credits. Consequently, all matters concerning the goods or services you have purchased remain completely between you and the merchant concerned.
All matters concerning cash credits should be referred exclusively to Active Points.
4. When a transaction is completed with a merchant, there may be a time period before that transaction is regarded as fully complete. For example, if there is a period during which goods or services can be returned for a refund, the sale may not be regarded as fully complete until this period has elapsed. Cash credits will normally be allocated when a transaction has fully completed. Consequently, cash credits may occasionally take longer to appear in your account than you might expect.
5. When a transaction is made via the Active Points website, tracking mechanisms are in place to be able to recognise the transaction and who has made it. Whilst we endeavor to ensure all transactions are tracked and reported back to us accurately, we will not be held responsible for any errors beyond our control, which may occur in the tracking and validation process. Where an error does occur, we will use our best endeavors to source it and ensure that we are able to pay you the correct amount for your transaction, however, we make absolutely no guarantee that we will be successful in doing this.
6. Should a transaction be reversed, cancelled or denied by a merchant or network you will not receive cash rewards for that transaction. Where for some reason the value of a transaction or commission amount is modified by a merchant the revised amount will become your entitlement. If a member believes the declined transaction has been reported by the merchant incorrectly they can raise an enquiry though our enquiry system and we will endeavor to resolve the matter.
7.Cash credits. Merchants are listed on the Active Points site as giving a fixed amount of cash credit per £1 you spend for each genuine, completed transaction. Under no circumstances does this form a guarantee that you will receive any monetary amount as a result of your transaction.
You can only redeem your Active Points by purchasing an item from our Active Points Active Point partners. For each Active Point that you redeem you will earn 1 penny.
8. Although we endeavor to ensure that the Active Points redemption value or fixed amount quoted for each merchant is accurate, we make absolutely no guarantee that the quoted rate at the time of your transaction will be the actual rate paid by the merchant to Active Points. As a third party, we have no influence or control over cash rewards rates or amounts.
9. Payment Reporting and Schedule
The cash credit amount payable for each transaction you make will appear in your member account when the money has been received by Active Points.
10. Subscriptions cost £1.00 per month unless paid for by your gym. Subscriptions are payable as a single annual payment of £12.00 or £1.00 per month can be added to your Gym Membership Direct Debit if offered by your gym. Your agreement is for a period of 12 months and no refunds will be issued during this period. At the end of the 12-month period you will receive a reminder to re-subscribe for another 12 months. There are no additional fees. Members who wish to connect a Fitness APP must take out a Fitness App plan starting at £1.50 per month payable as a single annual payment of £18.
11. Typically, we credit cash credits to members monthly. All cash credits are paid into your e-wallet.
12. Activcoins are awarded for steps, distance, active minutes and tracked sports activity. Please note that Myzone belts do not earn activcoins.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure your payment details at Active Points are accurate. We make no guarantee that you will be paid on any set date each month and accept no responsibility for late or missed payments.
14. Member Account Validity and Termination. For your account to be considered in good standing the following conditions must be met:
Please note that standard members (Your membership paid for by your gym or organisation) must redeem a minimum of 6 offers within the first 6 months of membership.
14.1. You must be resident in the United Kingdom.
14.2. If you are a fee-paying member, you must only have a single member account at Active Points and that account must only be being used for transactions personal to you. You may not use your Active Points account for purchases made on behalf of other people.
14.3. Your account has not been, or is not associated or involved with any form of activity we consider to be abusive, fraudulent or otherwise damaging to the business in which we are engaged.
14.4. You and your account must not have been involved with spamming or any other activity such that you have caused Active Points links to be published external to the Active Points site for financial gain.
14.5. We have not otherwise determined that your account is invalid. We may at our absolute discretion, summarily terminate your account where we reasonably suspect that your account is not in good standing. We may also, at our absolute discretion, forfeit all accrued earnings associated with you or your account/s.
15.Dormant Accounts We conduct regular reviews of all Active Points accounts. Where an account appears to be in our opinion inactive, we will attempt to contact you and may, at our sole discretion, terminate the account. Accrued earnings will be forfeit.
Modification of Terms and Conditions
16. We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement at any time and at our sole discretion, by posting a revised agreement on the Active Points website (https://www.activepoints.co.uk).
17. Legal This Agreement (Terms and Conditions) will be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom.